Hammersmith Penny Bazaar opened in 1914 at 74 King Street, when Marks & Spencer purchased the Hammersmith London Penny Bazaar from J & L Easterman
Responding to growing demand in the local area, the store moves along King Street to its current location at 27 King Street, formally opening on 16th September 1932.
Public consultation including:
We are here
Submission of Planning Application to Hammersmith & Fulham Council.
M&S store at 27 King Street to be closed ahead of redevelopment.
Works to begin on site.
Target opening of a modern, new-look M&S Foodhall
Opening of new Purpose-Built Student Accommodation.
Opening of new public realm and walkways connecting Black’s Road to King Street and Lyric Square.